Thursday, July 28, 2011

Body Clock

Bodies are clever.

Even though this is the third night I have been telling my body GO TO SLEEEEEP when it becomes night time here, it knows.

It knows that I'm now 4 hours and 45 minutes ahead of what it's used to.
It knows, even though it's reeeeally dark outside and has been for several hours.
Even though I am lying in a dark room in a bed trying to think sleepy thoughts.
Even though I've been awake all day doing lots of things and using my brain lots.
It knows.

And that's pretty cool, in a aren't-our-bodies-amazing-and-clever way.
Less cool in a I'm-super-tired-and-just-want-to-sleep way.

In 2 mornings time (Friday morning) I am being picked up at 5.30am to go with Christine on a 5 hour drive to get to a training she's going to be doing with some lower secondary Nepali teachers over Friday and Saturday.
This is super exciting because it means:
1. I'll be 5 hours out of Kathmandu - properly into the countryside of Nepal.
2. I'll be with Christine, who tells me she's going to point out various things to me on the way, like a tree near the village she first lived in when she came out here 30 years ago.
3. I get to see Christine do some teacher training, and it'll be in English so I'll actually understand it!

This does, however, mean that my body needs to stop trying to be so clever and GO TO SLEEP WHEN I TELL IT TO!

No comments:

Post a Comment