Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Where is the Rain?

My First 12 Hours in Nepal

The greenness.
The heat.
The roads.

These are the things that hit me first.
In that order.

From the plane, the whole place just looked so lush and green.
Which is understandable. It is the monsoon after all.
But here's the thing - my entire first day here there was no rain!
Apparently there was a MASSIVE burst of rain a few days ago, and since then it had been dry.
Which was what caused the heat to be so intense.

I was met at the airport and driven to the KISC Guest House.
The roads are fully mental.
Imagine how you expect crazy roads to be in a foreign country.
Then try to imagine being there.
Then think crazier.
Then times that by YOU CAN'T ACTUALLY IMAGINE!!

But the cool part is that I was actually quite calm.
I thought I'd be scared, but I wasn't.
I was mostly just amused.
The motorcyclists are the craziest. Christine reckons at any one time there is at least 60-70% of the motorcyclists on the WRONG side of the road.

Anyway.
(Penniway...hehehe)
There you have my first impressions.
I have been told many other things, and shown lots of things, and have an induction schedule, and met lots of people (there are sooo many Sarahs; it's like Music Camp 2004 all over again...) and been generally overloaded with other information.
It's crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment