Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Things which have more legs than me.

Last night there was a huuuge spider in my room.
When I say huuuge, it was pretty much the same huuuge-ness you could expect in Scotland.
But here's the difference.
I'm not in Scotland.
Do spiders in Nepal EAT PEOPLE ALIVE?
Who knows.

Anyway, I was generally okay with it.
I don't mind spiders.
At Guide Camps we always teach the kids to yell my name really loudly if they're freaked out by spiders/other things with lots of legs, and I'll come deal with it for them.

And I didn't really mind this spider either.
Apart from the fact that it was right above where my head would be going when I went to bed.
So I swapped the end my pillows were at and slept the other way round.
I don't mind so much if a crazy Nepali spider eats my feet.
I mean, I like my feet, I find them useful, but losing them would be preferable to it LANDING IN MY MOUTH.

So, I swapped ends.
I made peace with the spider.
I named him Julian.
And I decided that maybe it was to my benefit to have a spider in my room.
Maybe he'll join my team and fight the mosquitos!
Spiders surely eat mosquitos.
I saw a spider in my room in Glasgow eat a blue bottle that was bigger than it.
(I kid you not. Epic spider vs blue bottle fight. It was like a nature programme in my own room!)

But this morning, I couldn't see him anymore.
Making peace with a spider you can see and keep tabs on is very different to having a spider SOMEWHERE in your room.
And I can't figure out where he got in or out...

Hmmm...

Well, if Julian eats me, it was good knowing you all.

2 comments:

  1. I can confirm that the spider-eating-a-blue-bottle-that-was-bigger-than-it story is true, for anyone who might have been doubtful!

    ReplyDelete